If you are looking for suitable ideas for landscaping your yard, here are some great ideas. Most of the plants on this list are tolerant of the alkaline soils and drought conditions typical to the Hill Country. This will help you grow healthy plants, trees, and shrubs. Make your lawn as beautiful as you want it to be.
Select plants suited to your particular growing conditions (soil type, amount of moisture, and amount of sun or shade.)
- The optimal season for planting trees and shrubs is late autumn through early winter.
- Plant wildflower seeds September through November.
- Thoroughly water plants during the first year and during periods of drought.
- Trees need to be watered regularly for 2 years and when they become stressed during drought.
- Mulching will reduce weeds and watering frequency.
- Protect all plants from deer.
- No plant is deer-proof!
Remember Burroughs Landscaping can help you with all you lawn and landscaping needs.