In past weeks we have examined natural plants and flowers that are colorful, adding brightness to our yards and gardens during the winter months in the San Antonio, Kerrville and surrounding areas. There are ornamental and ground cover grasses that keep our landscapes beautiful during colder months as well. Burroughs Landscaping is in the know on the best choices for each part of your lawn and gardens. Some suggestions are:
- Nimblewill - Stays green throughout winter and has a soft, beautiful texture.
- Seep Muhly - Drought resistant, growing in clumps 6 - 8 inches high with soft seed heads that grow up to 2 feet tall.
- Lindheimer Muhly - Pretty and popular, this grass may need a little extra water.
- Canyon Muhly - This grass is a hybrid between Seep Muhly and Lindheimer Muhly
- Pine Muhly - This ornamental, drought-resistant grass retains green foliage all winter without trimming.
- Switchgrass - Requires some extra watering and grows well in large pots, adorning patios, gardens and walkways.
- Mexican Feather Grass - Retains green foliage and may turn gold with a lot of exposure. The fine texture blows gracefully in a breeze.
- Grant Sacaton - Popular in West Texas, this drought-resistant grass requires no extra water and sports tall plumes in January.
- Gulf Muhly - Retains green foliage and may require some extra water, but plumes outstretched blowing in the wind are graceful and beautiful.
- Pampas Grass - Spectacular plumes in the winter grow large enough to be used as a screen.
- Cedar Sedge - Slow growing, this grass flourishes well under cedar or oak trees for an evergreen lawn that you do not have to mow very often, if at all.
Burroughs Landscaping offers outstanding service and innovative ideas with landscaping tailored to Xeriscaping in Hill Country Texas. The experienced team enjoys landscaping in Kerrville, Hunt, Ingram, Fredericksburg, Boerne, Bandera, Comfort, San Antonio and Mountain Home. Burroughs works with home owners, builders and general contractors and considers the location, topography, aesthetics and aspirations of each client.