Burroughs Landscaping cares about your four legged family members too!
When you are planning your new outdoor living area, yard and gardens, take into consideration your pets. Their needs, habits and wants are vital to their livlihood but always remember safety first.
- Burroughs Landscaping is pet friendly and can suggest plants, trees and flowers that not poisonous if you have a puppy romping around chewing whatever it fancies.
- Provide covered shelter for your four legged friend. Incorporate a lovely pergola or cheerful gazebo for him to nap in the shade, or escape from rain. Who knows? You may enjoy a quiet rain shower with him.
- Leaving the fence area clear of plants allows your dog to be in protective mode, patrolling the perimeter. (This also allows him to be closer to the neighboring dog to put his two cents worth in when the barking begins!)
- Pavers or stepping stones protect new plants and flowers. There is a chance Rover may actually stay on the path, avoiding trampling your new beauties! The experienced team at Burroughs Landscaping can recommend pet tolerant plants with soft foliage, such as fountain grass or plumbago, that are still sturdy enough to withstand some occasional frolicking.
- Avoid roses and cactus, as they are thorny and prickly and can cause injuries to a pet's eyes.
- Consider temporary fencing around new beds until the plants become established. When it seems your fur baby is avoiding the area, remove the fence. Adding a border of rock can discourage them from exploring in your flowers.
The Burroughs Landscaping team all have pets, and want yours as safe and happy as theirs! Allow them to offer suggestions to make your outdoor living area enjoyable for all of your family members, even your furry ones!
Burroughs Landscaping offers outstanding service and innovative ideas with landscaping tailored to Xeriscaping in Hill Country Texas. The experienced team enjoys landscaping in Kerrville, Hunt, Ingram, Fredericksburg, Boerne, Bandera, Comfort, San Antonio and Mountain Home. Burroughs works with home owners, builders and general contractors and considers the location, topography, aesthetics and aspirations of each client.